Beer Online Course (Intermediate Level)
£50.00 (£41.67 excl. VAT)
Claim Your Superpower in Beer & Become the Beer Expert You Deserve to Be!
On Your Device, In Your Place, At Your Own Pace
Listen to the audio preview below.
This online beer knowledge course builds on what you learned in the Foundation course. The knowledge you need to understand and appreciate your favourite drink!
For wide ranging knowledge of additional beer subjects we recommend you also taking the Advanced course. Optimised for Mobile, Tablet, and Computer.
Beer Intermediate level suits absolute beginners who want to know more about their favourite drink, and people who need to learn about beer for their job, for instance, hospitality staff, retailers and marketers. The courses are devised to be concise, easy-to-understand, and swift to learn. Some people learn better through audio and others through reading. Course materials are in both formats to suit different preferences for learning.
- Audio Files
- Written Course Notes (to download)
- Multiple-choice examination. When you pass you receive a personalised digital Master of Booze Enlightenment certificate.
You will learn:
- Hops, History & Use (Audio 5 mins 13 secs)
- Malt – The Backbone of Beer (Audio 3 mins 56 secs)
- Health & Social Benefits of Beer (Audio 6 mins 12 secs)
- Beer History (Audio 8 mins)
- Beer Formats & Packaging (Audio 7 mins)
- Beer Taste-along (Written and Audio 21 mins 15 secs. Also available in the Advanced Course)
- Course Notes (Written Version of Audio)
- Glossary of Beer Terms (Written – also available in the Foundation and Advanced Courses)
- Beer Styles (Written – also available in the Foundation and Advanced Courses)
- Hop Varieties (Written – also available in the Foundation and Advanced Courses)
After learning and revising you will take an online test of 20 questions. Get 16 questions right and you will pass and receive a digital Master of Booze Enlightenment certificate!
How Long To Take The Course
Around 4 hours to listen, read, revise, and do the examination. You can stop and start and do it in stages if you prefer. If you have already done the Foundation level course it should take 2-3 hours as there are some duplicate reference documents.
✔️ Understand The Role Of Hops And Malt In Beer And How They Contribute To Aroma And Flavour
✔️ Understand Beer History And Health Benefits
✔️ Understand Beer Packaging Formats And How They Influence The Finished Beer
✔️Understand and Remember Glossary Of Beer Terms In Order To Be Able To Communicate Confidently
✔️ Wide Knowledge Of Beer
✔️ Apply Knowledge to Make Informed Choices
✔️ Have The Confidence And Language To Communicate About And Evaluate Beer
Testimonial from the Beer Expert
Emma Inch, producer and host of Fermentation Radio, and Emeritus British Beer Writer of the Year
Jane Peyton’ friendly, engaging style is perfect for anyone who wants to know a little bit more about what’s in their glass. Through a combination of both written and audio material, she shares knowledge she has garnered from her position as an award-winning beer writer and educator. She manages to make complex topics easy to understand, brings alive dense information, and scatters bright little nuggets of wisdom throughout!
Price for Foundation course £50 (Including VAT @20%)
Price for Foundation and Intermediate courses £90 Including VAT @20%)
Price for Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced courses £125 (Including VAT @20%)
Gift Vouchers Are Available in the Shop.
Please note: We do not offer a bespoke menu of online courses so mixing & matching of subjects from different levels is not possible.