Cider Online Course (Intermediate Level)
£50.00 (£41.67 excl. VAT)
Claim Your Superpower in Cider & Become the Cider Expert You Deserve to Be!
On Your Device, In Your Place, At Your Own Pace
Listen to the audio preview below.
This cider school course is your essential introduction to Cider. It develops the knowledge you learned in the Foundation course. For wide ranging knowledge of additional cider subjects we recommend also taking the Advanced course.
Intermediate level course offers a base of knowledge for understanding cider and suits absolute beginners who want to know more about their favourite drink, and people who need to learn about cider for their job, for instance, hospitality staff, retailers and marketers. The courses are devised to be concise, easy-to-understand, and swift to learn. Some people learn better through audio and others through reading. Course materials are in both formats to suit different preferences for learning.
- Audio Files
- Written Course Notes (to download)
- Multiple-choice examination. When you pass you receive a personalised digital Master of Booze Enlightenment certificate.
You will learn:
- History of Cider (Audio 6 mins 12 secs)
- Cider and Health (Audio 2 mins 57 secs)
- Fascinating Facts About Cider (Audio 6 mins 3 secs)
- How To Taste Cider Like A Professional (Audio 7 mins 56 secs)
- Packaging Formats of Cider (Audio 6 mins 39 secs)
- Cider Taste-along (Written and Audio 17 mins 57 secs)
- Course Notes (Written Version Of Audio)
- Glossary of Cider & Perry Terms (Written – also available in the Foundation and Advanced Courses)
- Apple Varieties (Written – also available in the Foundation and Advanced Courses)
- Perry Pear Varieties (Written – also available in the Foundation and Advanced Courses)
How Long To Complete The Course?
Around 4 hours to listen, read, revise, and do the examination. You can stop and start and do it in stages if you prefer.
✔️ Understand How To Taste Cider Like A Professional And Have Knowledge to Evaluate It
✔️ Increase Knowledge Of Cider History And Health Benefits
✔️ Understand Cider Packaging Formats And How They Influence The Finished Cider
✔️Understand And Remember The Glossary Of Cider Terms In Order To Be Able To Communicate Confidently
✔️Apply Cider Knowledge in Professional or Personal Life
✔️ Wide Knowledge Of Cider
✔️ Apply Knowledge to Make Informed Choices
✔️ Have The Confidence And Language To Communicate About And Evaluate Cider
Testimonial from the Cider Expert
Susanna Forbes, Little Pomona Orchard & Cidery, author, The Cider Insider
“School of Booze courses written by Jane Peyton are fascinating as well as educational. The world of cider is multi-layered and relatively unknown, so it pays to join a trusted guide. And Jane, Britain’s first accredited Pommelier knows her apples and pears.
Good examples, clear descriptions, and nifty comparisons throughout enable the newcomer to understand the basics of cider and perry, alongside a Glossary which is as far-reaching as it is illuminating. Taking matters further, Cider & Food Matching contains the best food pairing exposition I’ve seen. Cider Taste-Along is full of useful pointers to enable anyone and everyone to better appreciate cider and perry, plus a curated list of over 80 of the world’s leading cider and perry producers.
One for those who wish to further their knowledge in the company of one of the nation’s most entertaining cider educationalists.”
Price for Foundation course £50 (Including VAT @20%)
Price for Foundation and Intermediate courses £90 Including VAT @20%)
Price for Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced courses £125 (Including VAT @20%)
Gift Vouchers Are Available in the Shop.
Please note: We do not offer a bespoke menu of online courses so mixing & matching of subjects from different levels is not possible.