Wine Online Course (Intermediate Level)
£50.00 (£41.67 excl. VAT)
Claim Your Superpower in Wine & Become the Wine Expert You Deserve to Be!
On Your Device, In Your Place, At Your Own Pace
Listen to the audio preview below.
This wine knowledge online course is your essential introduction to Wine. It will give you a good foundation of knowledge. For wide ranging knowledge of additional wine subjects we recommend also taking the Advanced course.
Intermediate level course offers a base of knowledge for understanding wine and suits absolute beginners who want to know more about their favourite drink, and people who need to learn about wine for their job, for instance, hospitality staff, retailers and marketers. The courses are devised to be concise, easy-to-understand, and swift to learn. Some people learn better through audio and others through reading. Course materials are in both formats to suit different preferences for learning.
- Audio Files
- Written Course Notes (to download)
- Multiple-choice examination. When you pass you receive a personalised digital Master of Booze Enlightenment certificate.
You Will Learn:
- Wine History (Audio 12 mins 9 secs)
- Wine & Health (Audio 4 mins 42 secs)
- Fascinating Facts (Audio 9 mins 6 secs)
- How To Taste Wine Like a Professional (Audio 7 mins 16 secs)
- Fortified Wine (Audio 13 mins 40 secs)
- Wine Taste-Along (Written and Audio 18 mins 19 secs)
- Course Notes (Written Version of Audio)
- Glossary of Wine Terms (Written – also available in the Foundation and Advanced Courses)
- Wine Grapes and Wine Types (Written – also available in the Foundation and Advanced Courses)
- Wine Regions (Written – also available in the Foundation and Advanced Courses)
How Long To Complete The Course
Around 4 hours to listen, read, revise and do the examination. If you have already done the Foundation level course it should take 2-3 hours as there are some duplicate reference documents. You can stop and start and do it in stages if you prefer.
✔️ Understand Wine Grapes & Types, Including Fortified Wine
✔️ Understand How To Taste Wine Like a Professional And Analyse It
✔️ Increase Knowledge Of Wine Regions
✔️Understand And Remember The Glossary Of Wine Terms In Order To Be Able To Communicate Confidently
✔️ Wide Knowledge Of Wine
✔️ Apply Knowledge to Make Informed Choices
✔️ Have The Confidence And Language To Communicate About And Evaluate Wine
Testimonial from the Wine Expert
Jonathan Ray, Drinks Editor, The Spectator Magazine
Jane Peyton, founder of the deliciously-named School of Booze, knows everything there is to know about wine. By the time you finish her brilliantly conceived course on the subject you will know pretty much everything too.
Aimed at the enthusiastic amateur who fancies knowing a bit more, there are three levels of study – Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced – all of which are undertaken at home or wherever you can get online. In no time at all, as Jane takes you gently but expertly by the virtual hand, you will know the difference between Maipo, Marlborough and malolactic fermentation and as a result will enjoy your next glass of vino all the more.
I can’t recommend this very jolly wine course enough. Cheers!
Price for Foundation course £50 (Including VAT @20%)
Price for Foundation and Intermediate courses £90 Including VAT @20%)
Price for Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced courses £125 (Including VAT @20%)
Gift Vouchers Are Available in the Shop.
Please note: We do not offer a bespoke menu of online courses so mixing & matching of subjects from different levels is not possible.